Reiki is a gentle yet powerful hands-on Japanese healing technique that works on all levels – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
Reiki works by gently clearing energy blockages within the body, which then allows the body to heal itself.
Reiki is commonly translated as Universal (REI) life-force energy (KI ). It is an ancient Japanese hands- on healing technique which involves the channeling of energy through your hands. Universal life force energy refers to the energy that is within every living thing on earth – plants, animals, humans and which surrounds us at all times. The concept of the presence of a ‘life force energy’ within and around us is one that has been a part of many cultures and philosophies going back thousands of years. People are often familiar with the terms ‘Chi’ or ‘Prana,’ which also refer to the same energy source.
The practice of Reiki is the channeling of this ‘life force energy’ through the palms of the hands and into the body. The premise is that the Reiki then moves through the body, revitalising the cells and organs and balancing out the energies within the body. The body is then able to heal itself. The most common experiences after receiving Reiki are feelings of deep relaxation, grounding, calm and increased well-being on all levels. It doesn’t matter whether the imbalance or blockage is located within the physical, mental, emotional or spiritual body – the Reiki works wherever it is needed.
What are the benefits of Reiki?
- Reiki is a gentle, yet powerful hands-on Japanese healing technique that works on all levels – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. Reiki works by gently clearing energy blockages within the body, which then allows the body to heal itself.
- Reiki is a simple way to increase your well-being – a healing technique literally in the palm of your own hands!
- Reiki can assist in managing chronic conditions – such as chronic pain, depression, and anxiety.
- Reiki can be a wonderful support for parents – for maintaining personal energy levels, reducing stress and for assisting children during times of stress, illness, and change. It can also assist parents caring for children with behavioural or social difficulties.
- Reiki is a wonderful complement to other professions – for example, massage therapists, beauticians, counsellors, and people who work in stressful situations on a day-to-day basis.
- Reiki is non-religious, non-invasive and can be used in conjunction with other techniques and treatments.