Reiki Classes for Children
Reiki is a gentle yet powerful hands-on Japanese healing technique that works on all levels – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual and is wonderful for both children and adults to learn as a self-healing tool.
I had been a Reiki Channel for a long time before my children were born, and it has always been a big part of my life. It was a few years ago that my daughter asked when she could learn Reiki herself. She had seen me use it to self-soothe and self-heal myself her whole life, so I suppose it was a reasonable request! I had always used it as times when I felt sad, angry, tired, in pain or sick. She had also felt the benefits when I had used Reiki to soothe her for all of the same reasons!
The journey of teaching her Reiki was quite different to my adult classes – because she and the other children present were already so aware of themselves, of energy and of the natural healing abilities we all already possess!
So while I say this is a Reiki class, and that I am teaching them Reiki – it is actually more a journey of exploring what they already know – and helping them feel confident to use this knowledge when they need it in their day to day life as emerging adults, with the addition of the Reiki Level 1 attunements included!
My daughter has found her own way of using Reiki during moments of anxiety, to help her sleep, when overcoming fear and when she is sick since then with my support, and I am so glad that she has this in her life-toolkit as she heads towards the later years of her childhood.
Would your child like to have Reiki in their toolkit too?
In this playful workshop, we explore how your child can become more empowered in understanding their energy and using Reiki as a self-healing tool in everyday life. It is perfect for children who are ‘sensitive’ to energy and are curious about energy and healing. We will explore:
- What does energy feel like?
- How do our thoughts affect how we feel?
- What is Reiki?
- When can we use Reiki to feel good?
- How do we use Reiki?
- Reiki for pets, toys, unhappy feelings and worries.
- What are Chakras and how can we connect in with them to listen to our bodies?
- Plus several more aspects around the mind, body spirit awareness!
I will be using music, craft activities, discussion; movement and some gentle mindfulness meditation throughout to make the experience as engaging, age appropriate and fun as I can.
Each child will have the opportunity to practice giving Reiki as well as receiving it if they choose, and will be invited to receive the four Level 1 Reiki attunements – but if they choose not to that is fine too, they will still gain a lot from the activities and experiences.
I hope that this experience will give your child(ren) an added tool that they can use to energise, de-stress and connect with their true selves, and one that you can assist them to explore and develop to suit their needs and personalities well into the future. I hope that it will be a weekend filled with fun and inner empowerment for these very special ‘future adults’!
*The only pre-requisite for this class is that your Child really wants to learn Reiki for themselves*
The investment for the class will be $150 per child and includes all materials.
There will be a lunch break and an afternoon tea break on both days, please bring your snack and lunch. The class will be limited to 10 children, and parents are welcome to stay and share the journey with your child.
The benefits of Reiki
- Reiki is a gentle, yet powerful hands-on Japanese healing technique that works on all levels – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. Reiki works by gently clearing energy blockages within the body, which then allows the body to heal itself.
- Reiki is a simple and easy way to increase your well-being – a healing technique literally in the palm of your own hands! Children find it very natural to use.
- Reiki can assist in managing emotions like overwhelm, anxiety, sadness, anger, fear and un-happiness.
- Reiki is non-religious, non-invasive and can be used in conjunction with other techniques and treatments.
The 2017 Children’s class will run on Saturday the 23rd and Sunday the 24th of September from 10am-3pm each day.
This class is suitable for children from approximately the ages of 6-12. If you have children outside this age range, please contact me directly to speak about if it is appropriate for your child.
If you would like to express interest in this class for your child, or have any questions please contact me on 0438668688 or use the form below to contact me.